Congregational Retreat Report
On Saturday November 4 about 50 people gathered in Fellowship Hall to discuss the activities we do in eight areas of ministry:
- Adult education and fellowship
- Children and youth ministry
- Congregational care
- Finance and administration
- Local and global mission
- Membership and evangelism
What are the main things we learned?
- People are passionate about these ministries and have good suggestions on how to improve.
- There are LOTS of activities going on that many of us don’t know about.
- We need to share the work of carrying out these ministries among more people.
- Reorganization of our committee structures is needed to more efficiently carry out our mission activities.
The retreat committee will work with our facilitator, Rev. Jennifer Kottler, to develop proposals for changes in committee structure and ways to encourage more people to volunteer for short-term responsibilities.
If you’d like to read a summary of the retreat comments, click here to view it on our website.
Jackie Augustine, Faith Benedict, Virginia Champlin, Ellyn Colquhoun, Lisa Gage, Walt Gage, Chris Gerling, Gary Harman, Donna Newcomb, Beth Newell, Beth Reiners