We commit to being generous stewards of our gifts – time, talents, resources and, indeed our lives.( Mission Statement)
The Property Committee is charged with managing the building, grounds, and physical assets of the church’s property. Many generous and dedicated members willingly work hard to keep the church facilities in good repair and appearance.
It is important that the building is in good condition so that church members and friends are able to worship, attend Sunday School classes, adult education, and participate in youth activities and other programs. In addition, the church is opened to the community through the civic organizations and community programs that use it for meeting space and programming, such as ARC, Red Cross blood drives, Geneva Theater Guild, Literacy Volunteers, Alcoholics Anonymous, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, WIC, and various other groups.
There are many ways individuals can help maintain the church for the congregation and other users:
- Join the Property Committee.
- Let a member of the Property Committee know what specific talent(s) you have, i.e. painting, plumbing, electric, landscaping, etc.
- Come help on a semi-annual clean-up/work day.
- Let a member of the Property Committee know if you see something that needs to be fixed, or volunteer to fix it yourself.
- Treat the church as you would your home (turning out the lights when you leave a room, picking up after yourself, etc.)
- Support the expenses of the church by pledging.
For contact or more information please call or email the church office.