Lay Participation in Worship Services
We worship God through music, prayer and Word, celebrating the gifts of the Spirit, nurturing our faith, and challenging our complacency. (Mission Statement)
The following are some ways that individuals of all ages may be active participants in worship services.
- Lay Readers read Call to Worship (Youth), prayers and Scripture. Worship Committee provides training.
- Children’s Time – A special time to share a message of God’s love to the children of the congregation
- Lighting of Advent Wreath – Readings and prayers for the four Sunday’s of Advent
- Lenten Candles – Meditation and prayer to extinguish the candles during the six weeks of Lent
- Ushers (Arranged through Deacons)
- Acolytes – Youth who bring the light into the sanctuary and take it out again at the conclusion of the service. Also assist with certain parts of the service. Children receive training and guidance.
Contact Worship Committee or Deacons if interested in contributing to worship through these activities.