The Worship Committee works with the pastor to create an environment that is conductive to prayer and worship experience for our church community. It discusses and evaluates worship service and makes proposals to Session that pertain to worship needs.
The committee supports the Director of Music in coordinating the worship program.
The Worship Committee works along side the Chancel Guild to prepare the Chapel and Sanctuary for Worship.
- Recruits and trains lay readers and acolytes
- Recruits lay persons for “Especially for Children” time during worship services
- Coordinates seasonal decorations for the sanctuary
- Secures supplies for the sanctuary and for special services such as the Epiphany Feast, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday Tenebrae Service, and Pentecost.
- Coordinates preparations for Sacraments
- Coordinates meal and worship for Epiphany and Ash Wednesday
The Committee welcomes participation in its activities and work. Contact Chair Ellyn Colquhoun.