“We worship God through music, prayer, and Word, celebrating the gifts of the spirit, nurturing our faith, and challenging our complacency. (Mission Statement)
Music can help build our faith, change the way we feel, challenge our intellect, and give us food for meditation. Singing specifically enables us all by emotions, insights, and aesthetics to become more aware of God within us. (Book of Order)
Through our music we enhance and respond to the Word of God in many ways. The Men’s Gospel Quartet offers a lovely song composed by congregant, Norma Knowlton. Young children sing an enthusiastic anthem. Bell ringers of all ages share their talents with sparkling sound. An Orff ensemble plays many instruments to enhance worship. The Adult Choir, with periodic soloists, leads the 10:30 worship service and prepares anthems, a cantata, and a Sacred Song service each year. Organists offer accompaniment and inspiration. Additional instrumentalists provide special color from time to time.
- Adult Choir rehearses Thursdays from 7:00-8:30 and Sunday from 10:00 – 10:25. There is an extra optional rehearsal from 9:30 – 10:00 on Sundays
- Adult Bell Choir rehearses Mondays from 5:15-6:30 except during January and February.
- Angel Choir is composed of 3-5 year olds and sings in 10:30 Worship three times a year
- Do Re Mi Disciples is composed of 1st-7th graders and sings in 10:30 Worship five times a year
- Youth Bells is composed of 3rd-12th graders and plays at the 10:30 service alone four times a year and as accompaniment one to two times a year.
- Orff Ensemble is composed of 8th-9th graders and plays three times a year alone and as accompaniment two to three times a year.
- Youth bells practice 8:30 Sunday morning; The rest of the children’s groups practice as part of church school.
- Director of Music is Richard Cox
- Church Organist is Linda Cox
- Bell Choir Director is Richard Cox
- Children’s Choirs Director is Lisa Gage
- Youth Bell Choir Director is Lorraine Jones