Dear Members and Friends of The Presbyterian Church in Geneva.
We are pleased to share with you the news that as of 6/30/2021 Session has voted to change the requirements for worship attendance. This decision was made in light of changing recommendations from both the state and the CDC, and a deep commitment to continue to offer the opportunity for all people to participate in worship regardless of their vaccination status and/or desire to continue to participate in social distancing and the wearing of masks.
Beginning Sunday, July 4, 2021.
- No reservations are required to attend worship
- There is no masking requirement for individuals who have been vaccinated
- Congregational singing will resume as part of the worship experience
- There will be both general seating and options for socially distanced seating
- There will be ONE WORSHIP SERVICE held in the Sanctuary at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday. This service will continue to be livestreamed to the church’s YouTube channel
- There will be an option to utilize a sticker/band system to indicate individual’s comfort levels with contact or distancing
- Communion will be offered using individual pre-packaged elements
We recognize that there is no perfect system to meet the needs of each individual, and we are confident that this new model provides a good way to include the great majority of our community in the opportunity for worship. We are also glad to be able to continue to offer the livestream option going forward for all who can benefit from that connection.
Our thanks go out: to the Covid Task Force for their diligence, labor, and wisdom, to the Staff for navigating all that changes the pandemic required, and to you for your resilience, patience, and continued participation in the life of this faith community. We will see you in church! Thanks be to God.
Rev. Colin Pritchard & the Session of The Presbyterian Church in Geneva.