Presbyterian Women (PW) is composed of all women who belong to the church. Some choose to be actively involved throughout the year and some participate in specific events or activities. PW is part of a Churchwide independent organization within the Presbyterian Church(USA).
Presbyterian Women ascribes to this purpose:
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- to support the mission of the church worldwide,
- to work for justice and peace,
- and to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
Meetings are held six to eight times a year, usually after the 10:30 service. Anyone may participate.
PW uses the team approach, so no one person is completely responsible for a particular project. Fellowship is an important aspect of PW as it seeks to continue to be an integral and growing part of our church family.
PW events include the Strawberry Festival (3rd Wednesday in June), Garage Sale (every other year), Bake Sales (Election Day & Strawberry Festival).
The SERRV Shop is sponsored by PW.
PW coordinates and hosts receptions following memorial services held in our church.
The Friendship Bible Study Group participates in monthly Bible study developed by PW PC(USA).
PW oversees the kitchen with periodic cleaning days and updates.
PW Celebration Giving Offerings are the
- Thank Offering which funds projects that meet the needs of people who are aging, disabled, homeless or displaced as well as children, youth and women through educational, health, peace and justice programs,
- The Birthday Offering which celebrates the blessings in the lives of Presbyterian women
- Blanket and Tool Sunday Offering goes to support self-development and mission programs through Church World Service.
- The Fellowship of the Least Coin which is an ecumenical prayer movement focused on peace, justice and reconciliation. The coins join many others from all parts of the world to advance the causes of justice, peace and reconciliation and to support a variety of projects that help women and children achieve a better life. This offering is taken by the Friendship Bible Study Group.
PW also sends mission contributions to PW Churchwide and Geneva Presbytery. Geneva PW is the largest contributor to the Geneva Presbytery PW.
PW also makes up kits for Church World Service and local needs. School kits, health kits, and disaster kits are most frequently needed.
The Needles Group knits prayer shawls; and through a project of Guideposts, sweaters for children in far-off countries or here at home where there is a need.
The Self Help Sewing group meets one day a week to teach people how to sew for themselves or for others.
PW also provides funds to the church budget to support the Sunday morning child care in the church nursery.
Participation at any level is always appreciated. For more information on participating in any capacity contact: